When reglazing a bathtub, pros and cons are important to consider —pros are a new-looking bathroom, added value to your home, and repairs to damaged surfaces, while cons can be expense, time spent on a project, and the hassle involved in a renovation to one of the most frequently used rooms in your home.
The good news is that if you’ve decided to refinish your bathtub or shower using a refinishing company, you’ve made a great choice! Bathtub reglazing or shower refinishing can make an old bathroom look like new for much less than the cost of a full remodel.
And a bathtub refinishing service is your best option for a neat, professional job—while choosing a DIY bathtub refinishing kit may be tempting, the results can be less than desirable, resulting in yellowed epoxy seals and cracks within weeks.
But how can you know you’re choosing the best company for the job? You’ll have to keep a few factors in mind as you choose a company to complete a project with results you’ll see every day.
1. Experience – you need a company that has highly-trained employees who have years of work experience.
Technicians who have taken a factory training course will ensure a well-done project and will know how to keep the workspace—your home—clean and safe.
2. Timeliness—it typically takes three to four hours to refinish a bathtub, plus four more hours before you can use it—that’s all! Make sure you choose a company that has a reputation for quality and efficient work and uses a proper ventilation system to make sure that any paint smells don’t stick around too long.
3. Materials – no cutting corners! A company that doesn’t use high quality materials can leave you with chipping glaze and cracks. Look for a company that uses environmentally-friendly materials that are up to the latest government standards.
4. Services – you want a company that can handle cracks and damages in addition to reglazing—this is one of the main reasons why you may have opted for bathtub resurfacing in the first place.
Choosing a company that can also work with resurfacing wall tile, sinks, vanity tops, and Formica counters can make sure that your project is fully completed. Also make sure to choose one that can work with a variety of materials—porcelain, ceramic, cultured marble, Formica, fiberglass, and acrylic—as this means that you can have a quality job done on your bathroom. If you’re looking for accessibility in the bathroom, including tub doors, shower steps, grab bars, or benches, make sure your company can install these important safety features.
5. Warranty – a warranty in writing guarantees that you’ll have your project done properly. Make sure you
choose a company that offers one.
If you’re looking for bathtub refinishing in Memphis, TN, The Tub Pros offers years of experience and up-to-date factory training for any bathroom refinishing tasks. For more of what services we provide, visit our services page. Contact us for more detailed information on your project!